While there are several video editing software that requires advanced techniques, there are tools made for everybody. These tools are designed for those who have very little knowledge about video editing. Before deciding on the software, here are a few considerations:
- Compatibility is important to make sure the tool suits your recording device and operating system.
- The basic features of the software must have the tools you need.
- Learning materials or guide on how to use the software easier and faster
Easy Video Editing Software
Power Director is packed with professional editing features, consumer-friendly design, and flawless compatibility with the latest technologies. Although Power Director is not intended for beginners due to its advanced features for advanced editors, this software’s user interface is intuitive making it a top choice for those who want to jumpstart their editing know-how.
Power Director has a storyboard mode useful for newbie editors. Editing is simplified with its easy drag and drop features, libraries of fonts, stock media, transitions, templates, and motion graphics to choose from.
Power Director Top Features
- An easy drag and drop effect, title templates, and transitions.
- With pop-up designers for easier video creation.
- Quick and easy social media share directly from the software.
iMovie is free but only for iOs or macOS users. It has an array of video editing features and options and social media sharing options. It is a perfect entry-level software due to its nonlinear editor. A nonlinear editor does not change anything from your original file while you edit, cut graphics or add audio or frames.
iMovie is also convenient for cropping videos, cutting audios and video clips, and enhancing the audio quality. It also allows users to add text, videos, color correct, and other graphical overlays.
iMovie Top Features
- It has an autosave function.
- You can easily share videos on YouTube.
- It has a built-in file management system.
VideoPad is compatible with both Mac and Windows. It is another ideal option for beginners and it is straightforwardly affordable. It lets you streamline social publishing workflow to fast and easy integration of title tags and descriptions without using the publishing tools from YouTube.
VideoPad offers all the basic video editing features you need with extra tools for direct content capture. It has a voiceover and an easy drag and drops feature. However, VideoPad’s interface is quite outdated and lacks advanced features yet it still serves its utmost purpose to beginners.
VideoPad Top Features
- You can directly upload your video to Facebook and Youtube.
- You can import the sound effects library.
- It has a video optimization feature to help you rank on search engines.
Movavi Video Editor
Movavi Video Editor is a feasible choice for beginners. It allows users to create videos using existing clips. You can import media from an internal or external drive and direct recording from a built-in camera is also made viable.
Movavi Video Editor is a paid tool that has additional advanced features you can separately purchase. Users can trim in and out points of clicks by simply dragging the edges. It also automates most of the effects available in the software. Movavi also allows users to closely navigates each frame for more accurate edits.
Movavi Video Editor’s Top Features
- It has a drag and drop feature.
- It has a built-in library packed with intros, music, videos, and sound effects.
- You can easily perform direct sharing and export files to popular formats.
Beginners need to familiarize themselves with the basics of video editing software before jumping onto a more advanced tool. It is important to learn the foundation to easily transition to an expert level. Advanced editing tools can be overwhelming to beginners; hence, start with easy beginner-friendly video editing tools.